• Soak leaves in hot water overnight.
• Soak rice in water overnight. Drain well before frying it.
• Season chicken with soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, oyster sauce, wine and corn flour and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
• Soak mushrooms till soften. Squeeze out the water and cut to slices.
• Soak chestnuts in warm water for about half an hour.
• Heat wok with oil. Pour rice and fry. Add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, salt, pepper and oyster sauce. Make sure the rice is dark and salty enough.
• Take 2 pieces of leaves and lightly wipe off the water. Place the leaves on top of each other overlapping in the middle and fold it into a cone.
• Put a bit of rice followed by chicken, mushrooms, preserved egg yolk and chestnut. Top with more rice.
• Fold leave downwards to cover it and tuck corners in accordingly to wrap dumpling. Secure with bamboo strings.
• Repeat procedure with rest of the dumplings. Tie them together in a bunch.
• Bring a big pot of water to boil. Add dumplings. Make sure all the dumplings are submerged fully in the water. Boil for approximately an hour. Drain and then hang to dry in a cool place.